Sagalassos and Salda Lake Tour Information
What’s ahead of you?
Pamukkale and Lake Salda/ antic city Sagalassos
We invite you to an optional trip to Pamukkale and Lake Salda/antic city Sagalassos
A trip from Alanya to Pamukkale and Lake Salda/ Sagalasoss includes transport and sightseeing tours such as:
- The ancient city of Hierapolis
- Limestone terraces
- Cleopatra Pool
- Cemetery ruins
- Free time at Lake Salda
- Antic city Sagalassos
Pamukkale, translated from Turkish, means “cotton castle”. Pamukkale is known for its white terraces formed by limestone hot springs. This phenomenon is unique in the world and is included in the UNESCO List of Cultural and Natural Heritage. Limestone water contains rare minerals and is beneficial for health. It has beneficial effects in the prevention and treatment of diseases such as rheumatism, asthma, and other skin diseases. The water temperature reaches 36 degrees.
During the trip we will also visit the ancient city of Hierapolis – once a prosperous spa and Necropolis – the ruins of a cemetery.
You can take a dip in Cleopatra’s mineral water pool. The uniqueness is the sunken ancient pillars and the miraculous water of the pool, which is said to rejuvenate … by 10 years!
After the sightseeing tour, lunch is served and then we set out to relax on Lake Salda, a Turkish lake reminiscent of the views and watercolor of the famous Maldives. We will spend about an hour of free time during which you can relax, bathe in the lake and enjoy the atmosphere of this place.
Another attraction is the ancient city of Sagalassos, the capital of the historic country of Pisidia. Ruins from Roman times, remind us of old times – a memorial entrance gate, colonnade, upper and lower agora, a temple, and a beautiful theater. We will also see a water fountain gushing for the second millennium. Sagalassos is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is a real experience for lovers of monuments.
On the way back we will stop for a delicious local dinner.
- The descent along the Pamukkale terraces requires increased caution due to the slippery terrain
- The program and length of the trip can vary according to your ideas.
- We want you to enjoy the trip as much as possible and visit the places you still wanted to see.
- The program will be challenging.
- We recommend the trip to those who are interested in history and are not hindered by a more demanding journey.
Booking an appointment is possible on:
Daily ( reservation min. two days before )
- Price on call
What to take with you?
- Comfortable shoes
- Swimsuit, towel, sunscreen, headgear
- Money (souvenirs, drinks, personal expenses)
Included in the price :
- VİP Transfer
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- Admission to the Pamukkale-Hierapolis-Necropolis complex
- Visit Lake Salda
- Ticket for antic city Sagalassos
Not included in the price:
- Swimming in the “rejuvenating” Cleopatra’s pool for an extra charge of 15 EUR (for those of you who are interested)
- What to take
- Comfortable shoes
- Warmer clothes (sweater) for a stop in the mountains or for a trip by bus (you can leave on the bus)
- Swimsuit and towel
- Sunscreen and headgear
- Around 03:00 departure from hotels
- Breakfast break near Korkuteli
- Arrival in Pamukkale:
- Around 9: 30-10: 15 arrival in Denizli / Pamukkale area
- Entrance to the Pamukkale-Hierapolis-Necropolis complex with a guide.
- Free time that you can use to explore the surroundings or swim in the terraces or in the Cleopatra pool.
- Meeting and lunch around 13: 30-14: 00, lunch is included in the price.
- Departure to Lake Salda
- Break at the lake
- Departure to antic city Sagalassos
- Tasty dinner, local cuisine (included)
- Return to hotels:
- Scheduled arrival to hotels (22: 00-22: 30 depending on the hotel)
(The stated hours and order of visits are indicative and may change slightly
Reviews From Our Guest
I recommend the Holiday in Turkey travel agency. We enjoyed the trip to Side, visiting mosque, ancient city, boat trip on the Manavgat River. We are especially pleased with the service of Mrs. Lenka, who has a lot of great knowledge about Turkey and is able to convey it in a nice and relaxed way. We highly recommend tours by this travel agency.
We booked few trips (Cappadocia, Tazi canyon, rafting, sapadere canyon). All were perfectly organized and we saw many interesting places. Tour guides were adjusting trips a bit to our needs (Cappadocia viewpoint). I highly recommend this tour operator! Thank You So Much !! ( Huseyin & Lenka )
Great organization, timing and the whole trip was fascinating! We spent the night in Cappadocia in an awesome hotel with a beautiful neighborhood. The guide (Lenka) is passionate about Turkey and that's why all of us listening to her with pleasure. I highly recommend Holiday in Turkey.